Because a plan is not a plan unless you write it down...
(for the summer and throughout next year).
- Improve as a writer of podcasts. Expand to interviews/conversations. Publish them more frequently.
- Actively participate in the Talks with Teachers reading group online.
- Revise my YA novel (again) and resubmit/query it (again). Stay on it.
- Write, develop, the children's picture book outlines I put together this year.
- Continue to share resources with colleagues in my building and around the world.
- Continue to engage and participate in opportunities with the professional network of mentors and teacher leaders: Pennsylvania Writing and Literature Project (NWP).
- Get to know the students better in class and out of class (attend more of their events).
Brighton Beach by Edward Henry Potthast
- Take time and opportunity to mentor and be a good example (the best kind of mentor).
- Track student independent reading more efficiently.
- In addition to free-choice and open-ended writing, use the blog for student writing about strengths, weaknesses, goal-setting, reflection, and documenting struggles and successes.