This contest is only open to YA, Middle Grade, memoir, pop-culture non-fiction, and women’s commercial fiction.
So here's how the contest will work:
- Be sure your work fits into one of the following genres: YA, Middle Grade, memoir, pop-culture non-fiction, and women’s commercial fiction.
- Sign up on the link below.
- On June 25th, post your title, genre, word count and the first 250 words on your blog for critique.
- From June 25th through June 26th, hop around to the other contestant's blogs and critique their first 250 words.
- On June 27th, come back to my blog and post your final entry on my dedicated contest entry blog post. Be sure to include:
- Your email address
- Title, genre, wordcount
- Your polished first page (250 words) Don't stop in the middle of a sentence.
- Where you follow me
- Where you spread the word
The literary agent judging the contest will read all of the first pages and select one for a full request (which will include at least a partial critique). She will also request partial for the runners up that she selects!
- You must be a follower of my blog and/or Twitter
- You must spread the word, via twitter, fb, blog post, whatever.
- Your work must be complete.
- Your work must fall into one of the following genres: YA, Middle Grade, memoir, pop-culture non-fiction, and women’s commercial fiction.
- You do not have to participate in the critique portion of the contest, but why would you miss the opportunity to polish that baby until it shines before Victoria reads it?