Monday, March 14, 2011

Online Reading Challenges

I've signed up for two challenges: the Printz Project Challenge, and the Book Awards Challenge.  Each provides another way for me to find some excellent books I have not read yet.

I like both...while the Printz challenge of course limits me to its taste in books, I have to say that I have really enjoyed everything they have acknowledged.  The Book Awards Challenge will force me to mix in some novels other than YA which will be good for me as I've been on a steady diet of YA since November.

I'm considering trying the Newberry Project which sets the goal for the participants to read every book ever awarded the Newberry Medal which dates back to 1922.  This one intrigues me and seems like something a middle school language arts teachers should be doing...I'm going to sit on this one for a day or so until I settle in with the other two projects in addition to keeping up with books published each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment